A Patient’s Guide to Underactive Bladder
This booklet is written for people and their family/caregivers who are dealing with an Underactive Bladder (UAB), a common bladder function issue that interferes with the ability to empty your bladder normally. Although there is currently no cure, there are many ways to manage the symptoms of UAB effectively.
If you or a loved one are living with UAB, the first steps to effectively managing the condition are 1.) learning about the condition; 2.) seeking help; and 3.) talking with your doctor about UAB. In this booklet, we discuss UAB symptoms, causes, treatments, and other helpful resources to improve your knowledge of UAB.
Looking for answers to questions we haven’t addressed in the blog? The following links may provide the additional information you seek on Incontinence and Neurogenic Bladder:
Tools Urologists Use
- Bladder Control (Information for Patients):
- Continence Central (Information about Continence Care Products, provided by support from the Simon Foundation for Continence)
- Continence Product Advisor (U.K.) Factors Affecting the Best Product for You
- Worldwide Product Directory
- Incontinence Information and Resources
- National Institutes of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases (NIH Health Topics)
- Bladder Control for Women
- Nerve Disease and Bladder Control
- Urinary Incontinence in Women
- Urinary Retention
- “New Medical Therapies” TM Database, Incontinence – provided by CenterWatch, lists results for all drug therapies in completed or ongoing clinical trials to help patients, caregivers and clinical research professionals stay informed of the latest medical breakthroughs or to review valuable archived information.
- Pelvic Floor Disorders Network (PFDN) — Ongoing research at the NIH Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- Clinical Trials Resource Center, Urology Care Foundation (Foundation of the American Urological Association)
Drugwatch.com – This awareness group aims to educate the public on drug and health issues. They provide readers with updated information on dangerous medications and faulty medical devices/ implants. These resources help those who have been injured by FDA approved medications.
- Medicaid Guide to incontinence
Recommended Resources for Additional Reading
- Consumer Safety Guide
- Patient Stories (Bladder and Bowel Foundation)
- Incontinence (Everyday Health)
- New therapeutic directions to treat underactive bladder
- Patient Education (Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates – SUNA)
- Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI), 2011, Urology Care Foundation
- Urinary Catheterization of Men and Women (National Association For Continence – NAFC)
- Urinary Excretory System by Sarah Gehrke https://scribeschool.net/urinary-excretory-system-info-for-scribes.html
- Drug Dangers https://www.drugdangers.com/
- Seniors and Diabetes: A Complete Guide is intended to educate seniors and their care takers about the signs, complications and treatments for diabetes.
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling With Chronic Pain https://millionmilesecrets.com/guides/the-ultimate-guide-to-traveling-with-chronic-pain/
Associations & Non-Profits Working to improve Pelvic Health
- American Association of Clinical Urologists – AACU
- American Urological Association – AUA
- British Society of Urogynaecology – BSUG
- European Association of Urology – EAU
- International Painful Bladder Foundation – IPFB
- National Association for Continence – NAFC
- National Kidney Foundation
- Society of Urologic Nurses – SUNA
- Urology Care Foundation
- http://homehealthdelivery.com HomeHealthDelivery.com delivers top brand incontinence products, adult diapers, pull-on underwear, youth and teen diapers, liners, underpass, wipes, and more. Shop online
- Aeroflow Catheters Aeroflow offers urinary catheters and incontinence supplies from industry leaders . The catheters we supply are designed with patient comfort and ease of use in mind. Whether you need a short or long term solution, Aeroflow provides top quality catheters that ship right to your door with our easy ordering service and attentive team of experts who can answer any questions that you might have. Aeroflow is an accredited Medicare and Medicaid provider and accepts most commercial insurances.
- Aeroflow Diapers Aeroflow offers urinary catheters and incontinence supplies from industry leaders . The catheters we supply are designed with patient comfort and ease of use in mind. Whether you need a short or long term solution, Aeroflow provides top quality catheters that ship right to your door with our easy ordering service and attentive team of experts who can answer any questions that you might have. Aeroflow is an accredited Medicare and Medicaid provider and accepts most commercial insurances.